Beef Farm Manager job in Devon
Our farm is located around 30-minute commute from Barnstaple in Devon. We are currently looking for a dedicated Beef Farm Manager for our expanding pedigree Ruby Red Devon herd of cows. Situated on a 500-acre, all-grass farm, the herd predominantly grazes throughout the year.
As Farm Manager you will assume full day-to-day responsibilities, working closely with the owner while maintaining a hands-on approach. Constructive collaboration and the willingness to discuss and implement innovative ideas are essential. We are a forward thinking farm that always adapts for the future, so new ideas are always welcome.
We are happy to wait for the right person. If you have a long notice period, then we can accommodate that.
What you need to bring to the job:
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff effectively.
- Proficient in maintaining meticulous records.
- Active participation in environmental and woodland schemes.
- A seasoned and capable stockperson with experience in all daily tasks, including grassland and forage production.
- Ability to take on tasks outwith your normal job title
- A can-do attitude and ability to take ownership of your tasks
We will offer:
- Salary up to £36,000 with performance bonuses
- Matched pension contributions
- 28 days paid holiday
- 5 day work week
Accommodation on the farm can be made available.